Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Virgin Experience with Canon EOS 550D



Well, as you can see, this is Canon EOS 550D (EF S18-55 IS). The current digital SLR I am using for my photoshooting job.






As usual, people react quickly to new things out of curiosity. Therefore, this is the thing that most people would do when they get hold of a digital SLR, shooting their own reflection in the mirror. Haha. This is my current reflection.








Right. The story starts like this. I volunteered to be the photographer of NS Sunday programme at PBA. Actually, I was called because someone got invisible. Haha. As I had not much time left until my first photography session, I started doing some homework. I started google-ing and asking about this model camera systems and functions. Off course, a little hands-on activities would be great. I played with the camera until 4am in the morning (although photography session starts 8.30am the same day). Finally I kinda got used to the buttons after buttons. Haha. And the 'lab rats' were all the corners around my house. These are some beginner's productions.


My living room in classic mode.



My super-edited bookshelf (if you can see).



1/4 of my dining room and the grandma chair.



It looks like the first ray of light in the morning but it was my tungsten lamp outside. Haha.



Another super-edited sunrise outside my house!!


Ok. Back to my original event. They were asking for some candid and close-up shots. I was a little worried because I have coordination problem. Which means my brain and limbs don't function in parallel. Haha. Very few friends knew this but I finally make this public.

Since I had no other options but just go, I actually did do some candid shots. However, I missed a few interesting scenes as I was using short lens for close-up shots. When I was near them, they consciously avoided the lens and acted like normal. To not alert them doing stupid things and to catch their stupid moments, I changed the lens to a longer one. Thank God. I was quite successful with this longer lens. I saved some energy running up and down because I could just do a few digital zoom for distance object. However, the quality of the images produced would be relatively low. And Adobe Photoshop CS5 will come to aid for this. Haha. Computer solves problems most of the times. Oh ya. Photoshop also helps me to cover up the flaws. No choice. Amateur camera lady! (the president kept calling me camera lady because he couldn't see where was I -- my face was too small compared to EOS 550D and the sun tanned NS students) To solve my height problem, I randomly grabbed any chair of the students who went to toilet and wondered where their chairs were when they got back. Haha.


I mischievously shot their stupid and ugly faces. Haha. Coudn't disclose them here because it will be piled up into compact disc as loving memories for the students.

The aftermath of this photography session was that my legs were pain. It was like fleeting up Batu Caves stone staircase in 5 minutes just to get down before they off the light and lock the entrance. I couldn't feel my leg, not literally.

My next task is taking group photo -- without tripod. OMG. Imagine them standing on the stair case and I, on the flat floor holding 550D, hands shaking, can't see all of them in the lens. Another challenge. I tell myself silently, challenges is good in life. And it better be right.



The camera lady - weini



No comments:

Post a Comment